Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Infinity - Two Cameras simultaneously?  (Read 6664 times)

Spacedout

Infinity - Two Cameras simultaneously?
« on: January 16, 2021, 05:14:55 pm »
Hello All,

I have an Atik Infinity which I've owned for a few years now and though it's not seen much use of late it's the one bit of kit I'll never sell!  Great little camera with excellent software and perfect for what I do.  I am now in the process of buying up some new gear to get going again and I wonder if I should get another Infinity.  My question is, can you use two of these cameras with the Infinity software simultaneously?  I'd like to have one on a C11 for the close up shot and one on a refractor for the wide shot.  Even a third would be nice with some kind of lens for a super wide shot!  I like to live stream my views so the more cameras the better.

Many thanks

Karl

CraigG

Re: Infinity - Two Cameras simultaneously?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 11:13:14 am »
Hi Karl-
I've never tried running two cameras before but my guess would be that the Infinity software can only connect to one camera at a time. You might check in with Atik support directly to confirm.
-Craig

vince

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 02:20:17 pm »
Hi Karl,

Craig is correct, the Infinity software can only run one camera, you would need a second PC to have two going at the same time. You would also require two live streams.

I hope this helps.

Best regards
Vince

Spacedout

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 10:32:07 pm »
Hi Karl-
I've never tried running two cameras before but my guess would be that the Infinity software can only connect to one camera at a time. You might check in with Atik support directly to confirm.
-Craig
  Thank you Craig

Spacedout

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 10:37:52 pm »
Hi Karl-
-Craig
  Thank you Craig
  Hello Vince, thank you for the info.  I could bring a second laptop into my main live streaming software using NDI and have on the same stream.  The problem I have is I normally send everything at the scope over one cable using an Icron Ranger 2304 which connects to my main laptop 60 metres away.  I'd have to run a second cable which is not practical.  I'll have to get my thinking cap on.  Thanks