Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik GP Crashes Indi Server on Stellarmate 1.5.5  (Read 2900 times)

dazza1639

Atik GP Crashes Indi Server on Stellarmate 1.5.5
« on: January 07, 2021, 10:29:33 am »
Since updating my Stellarmate OS to version 1.5.5 every time the Atik GP camera is accessed via Ekos it causes the indi server to crash. I have sent a support request to Stellarmate. They have said that this is a known issue and it has been reported to Atik, but they have not received a response. I must say that the Atik GP has been a poor camera with lots of bugs and poor support from Atik. Is there any chance you could please address this issue. It didn't happen with Stellarmate version 1.5.4

Regards

Darren

vince

• Atik Staff
Re: Atik GP Crashes Indi Server on Stellarmate 1.5.5
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 10:46:03 am »
Hello Darren,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the GP, would you mind contacting our support from the Technical support section here please https://www.atik-cameras.com/contact/ or email support@atik-cameras.com

Best regards
Vince

dazza1639

Re: Atik GP Crashes Indi Server on Stellarmate 1.5.5
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 04:28:27 pm »
I have now tested the AtikGP with Steallarmate version 1.5.7 running with Kstars version 3.5.2. The AtikGP now appears to be working fine, it allows you to send commands to the camera to take exposures without crashing. However, the AtikGP is only showing as 640x480 pixels and not 1296x964 pixels when using the AtikGP driver from the indi control panel. When you use the AtikCCD driver from the indi control panel the chip is recognised as 1296x964 pixels, but this crashes the indi driver whenever a command is sent to the camera. I trust this information will allow you to correct the driver. I have responded with this information to the email I got from support@atik-cameras.com, I have just posted this here in case anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

Darren