Atik Cameras

Author Topic: EFW2 won't connect  (Read 2698 times)

AnneS

EFW2 won't connect
« on: March 05, 2022, 08:01:41 pm »
This winter I've had issues with my EFW2 filterwheel not connecting first time in SGPro. I have to turn the power off and on again and then it connects. Then it's fine for the rest of the evening. When I used it a couple of years ago I was using AstroArt 4. I didn't have a problem, with that or APT which I also used at that time. I may have upgraded from W7Pro to W10 Pro over the period, I can't remember.

Thanks.
I will admit I haven't upgraded Atik Core recently but I only use the Ascom Driver.

jlmanatee

Re: EFW2 won't connect
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 03:19:26 pm »
I too have not been able to get my filter wheel to connect to my Windows 10 pro NUC.  I tried asking for help and I tried several solutions suggested by Atik.  I've had no luck and I think Atik has given up on me.  I tried another PC with an old version of the Atik base software and verified that the wheel works fine.  I see I'm not the only one to have this issue with an up-to-date version of Windows 10.  I suspect Atik wants us to buy a new wheel.  Ugh.  This would appear to be $600 down the drain which makes me unhappy with Atik as I love their cameras.  For now I'm going to use a manual wheel.  If Atik is going to abandon the EFW2, I'll be moving on to another FW brand.   :'(