Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Other websites to get help besides here?  (Read 7893 times)

stephen99

Other websites to get help besides here?
« on: April 01, 2013, 04:43:43 am »
I think I am asking basic questions, but cant get any answers. Is there another site(forum) that is friendly with Atik cameras?

niteman1946

Re: Other websites to get help besides here?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 01:34:40 pm »
Hi Stephen,

Your question prompted me to look for the Atik brand on Yahoo groups.  A cursory glance brought up an old forum, but it appears long since dead.  Had it been alive, this would have been a good source of info.  Perhaps there is another version on Yahoo, still going strong.

There is Cloudy Nights and their CCD section.
http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/ccd
Not specific to the Atik, but a great source of CCD cameras and processing.

Lastly, I have found a reasonable amount of response from this Atik forum.  My guess is there are not that many Atik owners, but those that post have been very helpful.

Lastly, lastly, try sending an email directly to Atik tech support.  They have always responded to me and their responses have generally been top notch.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Chris

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 02:47:54 pm »
Not sure why you think you aren't getting replies here.

I would treat CN with caution. There's no guarantee that the information someone gives you totally confidently is correct.  This applies to the whole internet of course.
Another good site is StarGazers Lounge http://stargazerslounge.com/. It's a much more British group and people tend to be less serious, but still have good, friendly advice.

Chris

stephen99

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 05:39:28 pm »
I think I need a site that has more info with my atik camera and the hyperstar system. Going to see if Yahoo has a hyperstar group. Thanks for the help.

Steve