Atik Cameras

Author Topic: The Soul in HOO  (Read 2868 times)

CraigG

The Soul in HOO
« on: November 08, 2021, 01:37:47 pm »
Getting some bonus weather here in Michigan so I'm trying to make the best of it. This is a narrowband composite consisting of 90 minutes of Ha and 60 minutes of OIII. I found that I can convert 1x1 binning to 2x2 in Nebulosity and
then do final processing in StarTools. The conversion really helped bring out the weak OIII component. Atik Horizon "Classic" mono on a Ioptron CEM40ec unguided with manual dithering..when I remember to do it!

Craig

dilysmoore

Re: The Soul in HOO
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 02:34:06 am »
I like it, So beautiful!

raval1983

Re: The Soul in HOO
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 02:20:58 pm »
A new approach.  Tried a Ha luminance stack with a mono DSLR and combined it with a colored OSC stack with the L-enhance.

I kinda like it

Processed in Startools and GIMP afterwards for color tweaking ., about 7 hours of integration in borttle 5 skies.

Had trouble to take the mono stack, a Ha filter does not show much on a DSLR screen, so test shots for focussing were needed.

Special thanks to the Elf and Dubbelderp for advice and aligning the stacks, which gave me a problem , in this case

Took a bit too much stars out, and background a little too dark. Definately an issue in the reduces jpg file

But i think this approach might work on certain emission nebulae.

Thoughts and criticisme welcome

« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 03:03:11 pm by vince »