Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Artemis Auto Save Images Ridiculously Small and Easy to Forget Checkbox  (Read 5251 times)

joseamirandavelez

Have you ever been taking pictures a whole night and just when you finish you notice you forget to click on the AUTO SAVE IMAGES checkbox??? I did. PLEEEEAAAASSEE add something to the preview picture that says THIS IS A PREVIEW or NOT SAVED or something that makes you remember!!!

ForumAdmin

• Administrator
Hello,
Capture does have a red bar at the bottom of the screen to indicate when the images are not saved.  Sorry it did not work for you this time.
Steve

fatwoul

Re: Artemis Auto Save Images Ridiculously Small and Easy to Forget Checkbox
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 01:29:54 pm »
I've done this, too.  To be honest, a red warning bar isn't terribly helpful in astro software, which is often used in "nightvision" mode, where most aspects of the display are reduced to red anyway.

I recently commented that I would prefer that any exposures longer than 60 seconds be automatically saved regardless.  I'd much rather have to delete image files after a session than discover an entire night was wasted, particularly when clear nights are so rare.

joseamirandavelez

Re: Artemis Auto Save Images Ridiculously Small and Easy to Forget Checkbox
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 09:14:56 pm »
serves toreofheIve never seen that red bar...  ???

Anyway, I think what fatwoul says is a good idea too, but I would prefer text on top of the picture... Its easier to notice and it does not interfere with the normal function of the software...

You need to dummy proof this guys! Right now it is really easy to miss it! Its not fail safe. I know you guys provide this software in order to sell a complete product out of the box (you dont make any money from it), but if it were me I would rather provide an awesome software.

By the way, since I started this thread, I have made the same mistake two more times...