Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Ascom issues with 460EX on Win 7 64  (Read 7415 times)

shiner

Ascom issues with 460EX on Win 7 64
« on: July 13, 2013, 09:32:37 am »
Why when I select Atik from the "camera" list in numerous astronomy programs to try to select the ASCOM Atik Camera does the Ascom selector popup window always go to the background so you have to minimize windows etc to select it?  I installed the drivers from the core software selection at the top of the Atik downloads page.
So incredibly annoying!
I have the latest ASCOM v6 SP2 and the latest drivers from Atik as of 16 July 2013.
Any ideas guys please?  The whole software process of CCD imaging and its instability with ASCOM is starting to annoy me with respect the simplicity of a DSLR.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 09:34:26 am by shiner »

Chris

Re: Ascom issues with 460EX on Win 7 64
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 01:06:22 pm »
Getting a dialog from a separate process to be on top of everything else is amazingly difficult.

Microsoft seems to have decided that this is not a good thing, and it was made like this about the time that Vista came out.

The dialog icon is in the toolbar and clicking on it in the toolbar should bring it on top.

I've got some code I use now for this which seems to help but even so I don't think it is 100% reliable.

I agree that it's annoying but it isn't broken and so I don't think it justifies a new release of the ASCOM driver.

Chris (who wrote the ASCOM driver)