Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Where did the Exposure window go?  (Read 5528 times)

DaveAus

Where did the Exposure window go?
« on: January 25, 2014, 10:02:32 am »
Sorry! I'm flaffing around like a typical newbie trying to get to grips with the new camera (383L+). I downloaded Artemis Capture and used it for an hour or so testing out the camera in daylight. But now I've hit a snag that I can't seem to resolve. The small Exposure Settings window no longer shows up on the laptop screen. It isn't hiding behind any other window. I've repeatedly tried to open and close it via the toolbar icon and the View menu item but no joy. When "open" the menu item is checked but still the window does not show. I've tried closing and restarting the program. I've tried restarting the computer. I've tried uninstalling the program and re-installing it. But all to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

ForumAdmin

• Administrator
Re: Where did the Exposure window go?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 07:48:08 am »
Hello,

This can happen if you have changed the screen resolution.  Ie the window may be now opening outside of the displayed area where you can not see it.
You can fix this by increasing the resolution back to how you had it before and moving the exposure box.  Or you can delete the ArtemisCapture.ini file in you windows directory (with will also reset other settings in capture).
Let us know if these do not work,
Best
Steve

DaveAus

Re: Where did the Exposure window go?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 08:49:23 am »
Thanks Steve for your prompt reply.

No I hadn't changed the screen resolution before the problem occurred. The root cause therefore still remains a mystery. However, I did delete the .ini file that you mention and now all is back to normal again. So thanks for the solution. And I'll know what to do next time if and when the window decides to go walkabout again.

Cheers

David