Atik Cameras

Author Topic: 383L problems!! Help  (Read 5178 times)

justin112487

383L problems!! Help
« on: September 15, 2015, 10:21:49 pm »
I have had this 383l for only 2 months and recently started having horrible wavy lines in the light frames and flat frames as well. I have tried several filters and rotating the camera so it appears to be the camera itself. I was performing flawlessly until 2 weeks ago and it seems to be getting worse. Any ideas? I also bought a new usb and power cable thinking it be the problem with no luck still. Its being supplied with the pyramid 13.8v power supply so it not running low on juice. I tried the 12v power too and nothing... any help would be nice. I emailed Atik but no response yet  :'(

ChrisLX200

Re: 383L problems!! Help
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 12:22:19 pm »
Is this the result of trying to clean/wipe the camera's window? You may have left a residue on there - which can be tricky to see by eye but the camera will pick it up readily.

ChrisH

justin112487

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 02:58:49 pm »
I have never touched the camera glass as its a new camera and not needed. It just started showing up in the last 2 weeks and has gotten worse. I have owned other ccd cameras and have never seen this before. Plus its not good to clean any of your optical train even if it has little dust as it doesnt harm your images with correct flats and you risk scratching stuff. Only time you should start rubbing on glass anywhere is if it's a major dirt, finger prints etc.

ChrisLX200

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 11:10:39 pm »
Well it doesn't look like icing, Newton ring effect perhaps. What does the optical train consist of? - list everything in front of the camera.

ChrisH

justin112487

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 09:52:50 am »
As of right now I have the Atik 383l, Atik EFW2, reducer/ corrector,  telescope. I haven't moved the Camera since it was installed. It worked great the first month with no issues whatsoever. Just recently started this.....also thanks for the reply. As of right now I have a star party to attend very soon so I just filed an insurance claim this morning and have a brand new 383l on the way from optcorp. Atik has been great with support about this after they were able to get back to me on this but I'm still waiting on what they can do to help.