Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik 383L – No image data transferring when camera is <10C  (Read 5412 times)

rndyhyns

Atik 383L – No image data transferring when camera is <10C
« on: October 04, 2015, 05:28:47 pm »
I will be contacting Atik support but wanted to put this out to see if anyone else has experienced this issue. I have an Atik 383L that is about 14 months old. Other than a constant struggle with moisture the camera has operated flawlessly. Recently I have experienced an unusual issue however. While the camera is at room temperature the camera works normally. However when the cooling process gets the temperature around 10c and below the camera transfers a blank image with no data. I have confirmed the shutter is operating properly as well as trying different power supplies and USB cables.

rndyhyns

Re: Atik 383L – No image data transferring when camera is <10C
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 01:51:10 pm »
I have an update to my problem. I discovered if I tap on the back of the camera sometimes the video will resume for a few moments and then go blank again. Tapping on the back certainly changes the characteristics so something is loose inside the camera. I am looking for an address to contact Atik support to send the unit in for repairs.

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 03:35:30 pm »
I think I can see an email from you to our contact email address - I'll make sure the support guys see it and they'll be able to arrange the camera return with you. Though if I'm mistaken and that isn't from you, just drop a line to support@atik-cameras.com!

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems, hopefully we can get it fixed soon :)

Jo

rndyhyns

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 01:15:04 am »
Yes, thank you, that was indeed me. I answered a question about my power supply and awaiting a reply. Our time zone difference delays communication.

tklemmer

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 11:58:35 am »
Did this issue get solved yet?
I'm having similar issues, camera worked fine for the night @-25°C but is now only tranfering a blank image (shutter is opening).
This happens at any temperature though!

rndyhyns

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 12:44:19 am »
Let me recap my problem with new details. At room temperature the camera operates normally. After cooling to around 10C-15C and lower I no longer get image data but rather a solid grey image. I found that tapping the case changes things. Sometimes I will get image data for several exposures and total black images but it does change for a bit. Then it goes back to all grey until warmed to room temps. I really feel like something is loose inside and electrical connectivity unstable when cold. The camera is on it's way to be repaired. Living in the U.S. it's going to take about a week to get there.