Atik Cameras

Author Topic: 383l usb problems  (Read 9629 times)

barty

383l usb problems
« on: May 28, 2012, 12:51:11 pm »
Hi,
I have just purchased a 383l and am having no end of problems getting it connected to the computer. My original intention was to connect it to my Windows 7 64bit desktop and after searching the web managed to get the computer to detect the camera and fire the shutter. The problem with this setup is that the images do not download (download is dhown to the bottom right of Artemis but after a couple of minutes nothing has happened. The computer is new and has usb2

Plan B saw me connecting the camera to a 4 year old Windows xp desktop. Not only did the drivers install immediately but I could also download images. The problem here is that each download takes more than 30 seconds.

Has anybody got any advice for me please. The Windows 7 computer would be ideal but I am at a loss to get it working.

Any advice would be very gratefully received.

p.s.  what does the FIFO button do?

Thanks,
Barty.

Kaidan

• Astrophotographie à l'île de la Réunion
Re: 383l usb problems
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 07:55:23 am »
383L+ images need 21 or 22 seconds to download in the best case. I would say that "Plan B" is working as expected on the 4 years old Windows XP deskop computer.

Do you have any other USB device connected to the new Windows 7 computer that would share the same USB host ? Try other USB connectors and try to avoid face connectors ... (i mean plug the 383 on a connector right on the motherboard).

JFYI, it's not a Windows 7 64 problem, i use two laptop with it and the 383, no problem.
Jeremy Skuza
Astrophotographie à l'île de la Réunion
TMB Optical 130 Signature Series + 3" corrector
Losmandy G11 "O&V" [NS + Spacer] Gemini II
DS : ATIK 383L+, Astronomik LRGB | AG / P : ATIK Titan

barty

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 04:49:52 pm »
Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for the prompt reply.  It is reassuring that even using the older computer my download speeds are not too wide of the mark. I don't have any other usb devices connected to the Windows 7 machine but I will certainly pursue your advice about altering the connections. If all else fails I can still use plan B.

Thanks again,
Peter.

ruitripa

• Atik Staff
    • Atik Cameras
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 08:22:40 am »
Hi,

Download time on an USB2 controller is around 9 seconds. You may be using a USB1 port, or a misconfigured installation.

Please make sure you have the latest software and drivers. You can download them from here: http://www.atik-cameras.com/support/downloads

You will also find instructions on how to install under win7

Let us know if you need any further help.
Rui Tripa

barty

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 11:51:13 pm »
Hi Ruitripa,

Thanks for the info...I had a feeling that perhaps 30second downloads were too long. Anyway a friend has re-installed Windows XP on a different computer (with usb2) and we have also installed the latest drivers from Atik.. success! The images now download in about 10 seconds. I still cannot get it to work on the Windows 7 machine but I'm not going to worry about it and will use the XP machine instead.  Thanks again for your advice.

Peter