Atik Cameras

Author Topic: I have both 414ex and Infinity cameras  (Read 6454 times)

mega256

I have both 414ex and Infinity cameras
« on: January 20, 2016, 09:53:06 pm »
I truly like the Atik infinity software...
I have both the 414EX and the Infinity

Iv use the Artems and Astrotoaster...(with infinity)..but would say the infinity software is just as good most time..

And I THINK stacking in the alt/az mode is Better on the infinity! than at/dss...and much cleaner...no xtra files at all..

I just don't understand.....I don't get amp glow,or hots pictals most of the time..(infinity).Im not sure if its in the electronics or the software...or I think its just a combo of both...

Both at 28 seconds....

On my 414 I can see warm/hots and then turn on the cooler....then they go away...

But I just don't see them with the infinity......I don't know why and need to do further test...

But I will say the Infinity has been the most pleasure camera to use...

Just trun it on and go and get some very nice stuff.....

Bob
mega
Tampa
 :o

Jo

• Atik Staff
Re: I have both 414ex and Infinity cameras
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 10:46:31 am »
It's great to hear you're getting on so well with the camera(s!) and it's really interesting to hear your comparisons.

The Infinity software is removing the hot pixels, which is how it can perform so well without using darks. I know you've used Artemis and Astrotoaster with the Infinity, but have you compared the Infinity and the 414EX directly using Artemis Capture? That then takes the software variable out of things. They do use slightly different control electronics, hence the faster readouts on the Infinity, but I think it's more the software  :)

I look forward to seeing some more of your images!

Jo

Howie

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 10:45:06 am »
Very interesting Mega ... I have bought several 'live view' cams over the years and each leaves me rather disappointed. Having watched you post comments and broadcast for years with other cams your comments on both the infinity cam and its software are swaying me more and more towards the Infinity. So I too would love to see you post some images or even do a YouTube broadcast. Cheers, Howie_Oz

mega256

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 07:27:23 pm »
Thank you Joe and Howie....

I am working on cleaning up the focal reducer image o my C8hd....
But in the mean time Im also
setting up a quality refractor for wide field video soon.....
I also plan on another youtube video with infinity....
So the newest setup
Astro tech new apo AT80EDT,meade 6.3,Starsense,Evolution mount...Infinity.

Bob

Howie

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 01:28:21 am »
Nice setup Bob, we think alike and are heading down the same path ;)  I think we have also both just read "Astrophotography on the go" ;)

Here's a photo of my lightweight setup, and you will see the ST80 has a long dovetail on it to not only work on the Star Adventurer (which is GEM) but also on a 6SE ALt Az mount. And lo and behold, I am just fitting the StarSense to it.

Howie_Oz

Howie

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 01:31:43 am »
BTW. Yes the Infinity sw look real nice. Simple but does the job wonderfully judging by the vids. Still using my DSLR for now but saving as hard as I can for the Infinity  - tough when you are retired!
Howie_Oz