Atik Cameras

Author Topic: infinity software with win xp laptop  (Read 4378 times)

aztecdave

• BaseBetaTester
infinity software with win xp laptop
« on: March 12, 2016, 12:13:19 am »
I had a successful session last Sunday using the latest beta 2 software on a win 7 laptop with the camera connected to a USB 2.0 port. Got some nice images of m51 and the Leo triplet as well as m13 and m3. I still need a bit more practice with tweeking the colour balance but a good start. Certainly looking forward to my next session.

I am now trying to use an old laptop with win xp installed. I cannot get the camera to connect despite it indicating it is connected and there are no problems with the connection. However when I look at the driver on the usb host under propertie in device manager they include win_7 in their name. I would like confirmation that the camera should work under win xp and if so some advice in solving this.

Regards

David

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
Re: infinity software with win xp laptop
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 09:42:25 am »
Hi David,

Thanks for trying the BETA software. I can confirm that this version will work with XP, so we should be able to get it working for you. My initial thought is to check that the drivers have updated properly. Can you go back into device manager and then 'right click -> properties' on your camera. Under the 'Manufacturer' it should say 'libusb 1.0'. If not, you should try to reinstall the drivers using the core software installer.

The other thing to check is that the ArtemisHscService is running on the machine. If you open open task manager, then view the processes tab, and then tick the 'show processes from all users' checkbox. You should see 'ArtemisHscService and ArtemisHscServiceMonitor listed in.

If you can check these two things, then email me on ChrisG@atik-cameras.com that would be great.

Chris.