Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik 460 EX Mono and Image Plus Camera Control  (Read 5474 times)

seagull001

Atik 460 EX Mono and Image Plus Camera Control
« on: September 12, 2016, 03:21:33 pm »
Hello
I am new to the forum and to CCD imaging. I just got my Atik and tried to use it with image plus 6.0 so I can use also my Rigel focuser and Xagyl 8 position filter wheel
I was able to get the camera connected but could not download an image getting the Get image array error
Tried to get some imaging with Artemis last night but did not get any good images; have to get use to the software and how to use the camera with it. Problem will be that I cannot use the filter wheel with Artemis..

Jo

• Atik Staff
Re: Atik 460 EX Mono and Image Plus Camera Control
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 11:12:13 am »
Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Can I first check how you're connecting to the camera in image plus 6.0?

Thanks,
Jo

seagull001

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 04:37:47 pm »
I am using the ASCOM option
Had the software re installed and I finally got it working. Thanks so much

Did not like image plus camera control feel and options to use to control the camera and I am still trying to get a feel for Artemis which is not what I am used to
Wonder if there is a better software to prepare a session and image with the camera

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 03:05:04 pm »
Ah, good, I'm glad you got it working in the end, otherwise I'd say we could take a look into it. On the other hand, I'm sorry you're not enjoying imaging with it.

There are lots of other software options about, I'm sure you'll get some good suggestions on your other thread  :)

Let us know if you need any help with Artemis Capture in the mean time.

Jo

seagull001

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 01:11:36 am »
Thank you so much. I guess I am used to get what I see when I am imaging and to be able to adjust the gain or ISO to get the ideal histogram.
With the camera now I can only play with exposure time and seems that the histogram (and image) I see in Artemis is not what I really get on the FITS. My images look much darker and it was hard to figure out the best times.
I tried to image amongst other things the moon as a trial but I could never get a decently exposed frame they were always overexposed and could not see any features.
I saw the tutorial video but was not really helpful. Is there another source on how to best use artemis?