Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Use Orig CB checkbox  (Read 6210 times)

bikerdib

Use Orig CB checkbox
« on: October 12, 2016, 08:23:10 pm »
I'm learning to use my software for the Infinity.  In advanced settings there is a checkbox labeled "use Orig CB"

What does this setting do?

BillB

Re: Use Orig CB checkbox
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 10:13:02 am »
Hi
if you read through all the info its a setting they used for colour balance when the Infinity was being developed, you can revert to the original setting if you want to try it. I personally haven't as yet due to the lack of opportunity of getting outside but its probably worth trying.
I am amazed at how good the software is for this camera, I set up a static tripod and took some half second exposures (with a very fast lens) of the Pleiades a few nights back, recorded it and stacked it later, the stars were as round as round can be!

BillB

bikerdib

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 02:44:11 pm »
First, thanks for the reply.

I read through the 3 manuals that I got but I didn't see reference to this setting.  I see and have used both manual and automatic color balance that is available in the "Image Settings" window.  In auto, the software adjusts red, green and blue while in manual, you have control over the red, green and blue settings.

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, checking or unchecking the "use orig CB" checkbox in the "advanced Settings" window gives 2 different automatic color balance ranges?

May I ask exactly where you read about this?

elpajare

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 06:39:22 pm »

It is no easy to found, you must download the last Core Software from here:

http://3ainmfntxe31vi9qd1pxgpd1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/SetupArtemisUniversal-.zip

And, inside, between another files there are the new version
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:37:12 pm by elpajare »
Skywatcher 200/800
Celestron 135/650

Atik Infinity

bikerdib

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 08:59:06 pm »
Thank you elpajare.  Turns out the manual I had read is one I downloaded from the internet before I even had the camera and it was version 1.0.  I just looked and I need to read the manual version 1.3 that came on the CD with the software.

I knew someone more knowledgable would be able to help me.

Thanks again BillB and Elpajare!!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:08:55 pm by bikerdib »

elpajare

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 09:38:38 pm »
Alternative Colour Balance
In the advanced settings menu you have the option to ‘Use Orig CB’. In the original version of Infinity, there was an ‘Auto White Bal’ option. This performed a similar task to the ‘AutoAdjust’ option in the ‘Colour Bal Type’ box. However, the method used to modify the pixel values was slightly different. The original method would simply modify the ‘offset’ value and set the ‘stretch’ to 1.0. The new method modifies the ‘stretch’ value, whilst setting the offset to 0.0. This is a more accurate way to modify the pixels and we think it produces better images. However, we have left this option in so that you can decide for yourself. When ‘Use Orig CB’ is checked, then ‘AutoAdjust’ will use the method in Infinity v1. When unchecked it will use the new method. The option is unchecked by default.
Skywatcher 200/800
Celestron 135/650

Atik Infinity

bikerdib

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 09:55:41 pm »
Thank you, I found that in the manual V 1.3

However, I don't see an explanation of "add Q to FWHM"  I understand what "full width at half maximum" means but what does adding "Q" mean?  I see you also addressed that in your thread you previously linked.

elpajare

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2016, 07:48:07 am »
People of ATIK know this little omission.

If Jo can read this, maybe he can offer us an explanation.

http://forums.atik-cameras.com/index.php?topic=3569.msg7329#msg7329
Skywatcher 200/800
Celestron 135/650

Atik Infinity

bikerdib

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 08:46:57 am »
Thank you once again for all your help :D