Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Live Imaging using my mono Infinity and Canon 70 to 200 mm f/4 lens  (Read 2942 times)

Astrogate

Last night I decided to switch from my Canon 100 mm f/2.8 macro lens and use instead my Canon 70 to 200 mm f/4 L series IS lens attached to my mono Atik Infinity camera and Orion 7 nm Ha filter. I was extremely impressed at the huge FOV at 70 mm for the very large extended objects and also liked the 200 mm focal length for more magnification. Most images were 240 seconds subs at 4 to 7 stacked except for NGC 7000 & Pelican which was only 2 x 240 seconds because of the darn hydro wires causing a shadow in the top right corner. I was having so much fun with the lens that I never got around to using my color Atik Infinity in my RC 10" scope. There are 9 new images.

Link to web site  https://www.flickr.com/photos/47296963@N08/?

Clear skies,

Chris A
Astrogate

Jo

• Atik Staff
Re: Live Imaging using my mono Infinity and Canon 70 to 200 mm f/4 lens
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 12:35:19 pm »
Wonderful as ever, Chris. I particularly like the Rosette  :) and it looks like you're enjoying the extended exposure times?

Astrogate

Re: Live Imaging using my mono Infinity and Canon 70 to 200 mm f/4 lens
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 04:55:31 pm »
Hi Jo

Thank you for having a look and the kind words. Yes I sure am loving the extended exposure time implemented into the latest update esp. when it comes to using my mono Infinity camera with an Ha filter. It seems to work out really good beyond the 120 sec previous limit with noise under control esp. when 2 to 3 images are live stacked. For my colour Infinity camera the strongest light pollution filter is my Astronomik UHC and using my RC 10" @ F/4.3 most objects require 30 to 90 seconds maximum. With winter coming soon here in Toronto Canada it will get a lot colder and I will try on some really faint objects more then the previous 120 sec limit and will post results here.

I was out again last night using my Canon f/4 70 to 200 mm lens at both focal lengths using my mono Infinity with 7 nm Ha filter and also my colour Infinity with my RC 10" @ F/4.3 using my Lumicon Deep Sky light pollution filter (not as narrow as my Astronomik UHC filter) and captured some more objects. Here is the link to those images.

My Flickr site https://www.flickr.com/photos/47296963@N08/?

Cheers,

Chris A
Astrogate