Atik Cameras

Author Topic: "not stacked"  (Read 4985 times)

fuxx

"not stacked"
« on: February 14, 2017, 01:23:49 pm »
Dear star friends,
I`m very new with the ATIK Infinity. I am testing the camera with a "pinhole camera" (Alu in front, as proposed on Youtube). Works good at the beginning, but image stacking becomes slow after 5-7 exposures, than the number of exposures "not stacked" increases rapidly and the stacked exposures remain at about 12-18 exposures, while "not stacked" go to about 100!

No pictures are "rejected", "auto reset stack" not active, no movement of the camera, "image quality" off.

The computer woks good with the celestron planet camera, stacking too with Registax 5.1 - so there should not be a problem with the pc.

Could anybody help me - we are just having one of the rare clear nights in Germany!

Thank you in advance,

Rainer

JimH123

Re: "not stacked"
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 06:39:30 am »
I wouldn't actually try stacking with a pinhole camera.  The tutorial just showed that as a means to show that the camera could actually see something, although you can see that it didn't see it very well.  Image was rather fuzzy.

You need a real lens to do this.  When the image is sharp, I find the stacking is a dream.