Atik Cameras

Author Topic: EFW2 connection error in sgpro  (Read 4492 times)

certhas

EFW2 connection error in sgpro
« on: March 29, 2018, 08:17:18 pm »
Hello there,

i am just setting up a mini pc to control the whole setup and i'm now at the point to set up the capturing software.
So far i installed artemis and the 64bit drivers for the efw2 to run it in firecapture.
Everything works fine, Filters are set up, firecapture adresses them right, it turns, everything is ok.

Now i wanted to try an alternative capturing software for deep sky objects, with integrated phd support, plate solve and all the fancy gimmicks that make the astrophotographers life easier ;)
now every time i want to connect to the efw2 i get the error message:
"retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {a lot of numbers} failed due to the following error: 80070002 The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002).

Does anyone have an idea what could cause this error? (maybe the extra installed 64bit driver?)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 01:34:07 pm by certhas »

certhas

Re: EFW2 connection error in sgpro
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 11:21:04 am »
Well, as i already suspected, its the 64bit driver that interveres with SGpro.
ive deinstalled all drivers and reinstalled the standard core driver with the ascom driver you can tick at the bottom of the install options. The wheel now gets recogniced as "Atik EFW Driver" instead of "Atik EFW2 Driver".
Works now in SGpro without any issues.
Ofc now it doesnt work in firecapture which requires the 64bit driver...

certhas

Re: EFW2 connection error in sgpro
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 08:01:39 pm »
Ok, its not just in sgpro, its the same in APT and sharpcap.
here's the error message: