Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Horizontal lines when cooling  (Read 5317 times)

Phil HD925

Horizontal lines when cooling
« on: April 01, 2018, 11:40:15 pm »
Hello,

I recently installed the latest version of Infinity.  I noticed, however, some colored horizontal lines would appear on almost all of my exposures when cooling was activated (see attached).  They appeared when cooling was @ -10C and -20C, those were the only temps I tested.  I'm sure at any "cooling" temp, they would be present.  With cooling "off," the lines did not show up at all.  I tested for a few hours last night with cooling ON, then OFF.  I definitely confirmed the lines were only showing up when cooling was activated.  Very weird.  I rolled back to a previous version of Infinity, and did not notice the lines.  I was powering the camera using my Atik power adapter plugged directly into house power.  My laptop was also plugged into power while imaging.  So, not an issue with the "USB suspend" feature in Windows.  I may submit a ticket to tech support, just want to throw this out there in the forum first.  I did use the record feature in Infinity to document the lines.  Thanks
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:18:33 am by Phil HD925 »

bwa

Re: Horizontal lines when cooling
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 12:28:01 am »
Hello,

I recently installed the latest version of Infinity.  I noticed, however, some colored horizontal lines would appear on almost all of my exposures when cooling was activated (see attached).  They appeared when cooling was @ -10C and -20C, those were the only temps I tested.  I'm sure at any "cooling" temp, they would be present.  With cooling "off," the lines did not show up at all.  I tested for a few hours last night with cooling ON, then OFF.  I definitely confirmed the lines were only showing up when cooling was deactivated.  Very weird.  I rolled back to a previous version of Infinity, and did not notice the lines.  I was powering the camera using my Atik power adapter plugged directly into house power.  My laptop was also plugged into power while imaging.  So, not an issue with the "USB suspend" feature in Windows.  I may submit a ticket to tech support, just want to throw this out there in the forum first.  I did use the record feature in Infinity to document the lines.  Thanks
I encountered a similar (maybe the same) problem with the latest software but it didn't matter whether cooling was on or off.  The banding was present in both the screen image and captured subs, and quite severe per the crop attached.

Next time out I'll see if I get the same problems using the Artemis software (or SharpCap)...

bwa

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 09:01:20 am »
Hi Phil,

Thanks for letting us know. This issue should be fixed in the latest version (4.2.2.1).

Chris

Phil HD925

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 03:20:18 am »
Hi Phil,

Thanks for letting us know. This issue should be fixed in the latest version (4.2.2.1).

Chris

Excellent!  Thanks for the quick fix.  I'll give it a go on Saturday night if the weather clears up.