Atik Cameras

Author Topic: The Sky X  (Read 11907 times)

Jerryaxe

The Sky X
« on: November 29, 2012, 12:36:19 pm »
Good afternoon,

I would like to know if the Atik 4000 drivers got a X2 Ascom version?
I am planning to get a SB mount and therefore wants to know if my CCD will be compatible with the Camera AddOn from SB

Thanks a lot

Jerry

chrisjbaileyuk

Re: The Sky X
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 09:21:57 am »
Jerry

Atik do not have X2 drivers for The SkyX Camera Add on (I and others have requested them  ;)) BUT you can drive Atik Cameras via the Ascom interface and leverage the full range of Camera Add On features like image linking etc. It is a little clunky with some odd delays at times but it does work. X2 drivers would be nice as you can then ditch Ascom altogether but it is a short term fix.

Chris

Chris

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 02:51:12 pm »
There is no evidence that the ASCOM drivers are slow. I asked for information and didn't get a reply.

chrisjbaileyuk

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 10:05:19 am »
Chris

Have been away and not had the clear nights recently to do much but the delays are there in X2Ascom to Ascom (not in Maxim or Nebulosity) so seems it is a SB Ascom implementation issue. Lack of access to preview mode is also an annoyance.

Chris

Chris

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 02:18:37 pm »
If it's OK running ASCOM from Nebulosity and MaxIm then it's not an ASCOM issue but something with TheSky and/or X2.  Connecting directly to the low level drivers through X2 could have exactly the same problem.

I'd suggest going to SB but they will deny it and I'm getting fed up with wasting time devising tests to demonstrate that their software has issues.

Chris

chrisjbaileyuk

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 01:27:10 pm »
Thanks Chris for the input. I have got used to using the Ascom interface from X2 now and use crops to speed up downloads for focussing etc rather than resort to changing mode settings in the Ascom interface. Have had no connection issues and the EFW2 works well via Ascom too so happy bunny here.