Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Cannot get colour from my Atik 314L+ OSC  (Read 2630 times)

Celeste

Cannot get colour from my Atik 314L+ OSC
« on: April 17, 2020, 06:23:00 pm »
ARGH  :( >:(

Now that's out of the way, can someone please tell me just what I am doing wrong?
I have had this CCD for a fair few years now (bought used, saw images it had taken and liked it) I have tried imaging with it a few years ago, but I couldn't get any colour out of it. I got so fed up and despondant, I put it back in it's box and left it gathering dust. Having recently decided to retry CCD imaging, I still cannot for the life of me get anything even half decent. No colour what-so-ever. I captured subs in Artemis, and tried debayering and stacking in Dawn (Both programmes were on the CD's that came with the camera) Artemis seemed fine, Dawn kept giving me errors, one I recall was Bayer matrix not found, or unknown, something like that. Images are very flat. Taking it into PS, I can't do much with them at all. I took 40 180 sec subs, I can see the structure and stars, but that's all I can do.

Clearly, I am the issue, using wrong settings etc, so, would anyone be amazingly nice and care to explain what I am doing wrong? Save this little Atik from going in the bin. Or being thrown out the window, whichever is closest.

This is what I have taken from a FITs viewer programme:

DATE-OBS=           '2020-04-15T23:01:07'
FILTER  =           'Position 0'
DATAMIN =             0.000000
DATAMAX =           65535.000000
INSTRUME=           'ATIK-314L: fw rev 3.01'
EXPTIME =           150.000
XPIXSZ  =           6.450
YPIXSZ  =           6.450
XBINNING=           1
YBINNING=           1
XORGSUBF=           0