Atik Cameras

Author Topic: ATIK 383L+ and a filter wheel [Solved]  (Read 8966 times)

ccdastroimager

ATIK 383L+ and a filter wheel [Solved]
« on: March 18, 2013, 02:42:02 pm »
I have an ATIK 383L+ CCD, a 2" filter wheel with 2" LRGB filters, a Skywatcher Evostar ED120mm telescope and a skywatcher 0.85x Focallengtheducer/Corrector with M48 connector front and back. My Problem is how do i connect them all on the telescope and start taking pictures. I know my question is idiot, but i have a problem because the opening of the CCD is 1.25". Please help me if you can.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 01:54:10 pm by ccdastroimager »

Chris

Re: ATIK 383L+ and a filter wheel
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 02:36:47 pm »
You probably want to set up like this:
Camera - Filter Wheel - extensions - focal reducer - telescope.
You need to get the camera CCD at the right distance behind the reducer, within a few mm.

You will need lots of adaptors.  the camera has a T thread so you should be able to connect that to your filter wheel with suitable adaptors, a make T to whatever the filter wheel takes.  Then adaptors and extension tubes to get the filter wheel connected to the reducer and the reducer connected to the scope.

I would try to go for screw threads throughout but you may need a 48mm to 2" adaptor to connect the image train to the scope.

Chris

joseborrero

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 04:20:49 pm »
this forum can be more helpful if can upload pictures and see the problem in steam.

If you have the camera attached to the filter wheel then which end is 1.25"? the camera to filter wheel? or filter wheel to scope?

If camera to filter is narrowed by a 1.25" then a wider adapter will help.
If filter wheel to scope is narrowed then a 2" nosepiece will help.

ccdastroimager

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 01:53:08 pm »
Thanks "Chris" you helped me a lot, i've found the way to do it. Thaks!