Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Deep sky with Infinity Colour  (Read 2911 times)

kaelig

Deep sky with Infinity Colour
« on: September 03, 2020, 03:23:24 pm »
I have just start Visual Assiste since a few weeks. My setup is:
- Orion starseeker mount,
- SW 130 PDS &
- Atik infinity colour camera

I will try to optimize the infinity soft in order to have a maximum of details. After several test, I have
chooser:

- time: 5s
- meanSD

But, I am sure that some of yours have tested it with different configurations for different targets (Nebula, galaxy, ...)
So I am interested by your experience to optimize your shoots.

Have a good day & a good night sky,
kaelig

vince

• Atik Staff
Re: Deep sky with Infinity Colour
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 11:53:27 am »
Hello Kaelig,

I hope you enjoy the camera. MeanSD is a good setting for the screen stretch. Your exposure time depends upon the performance of your setup but you want to use as long of an exposure as possible.

Best regards

Vince 

kaelig

Re: Deep sky with Infinity Colour
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 07:17:32 am »
Hello,
Thank you for your answer. I have an anothers questions about meanSD autorange mode in order to optimize my experience with the camera.

When you use "meanSD" Autorange, there is a "numSD" field just below, questions:
- what is the optimum value for nebula or galaxy view?
- is it a "average" function?

There is a "zoom speed" field (low,medium, fast), could you give me more explanations about how it runs, when & what for each setup options?

I use infinity soft for this instant. I see the soft package with "Dawn" & "Dusk" soft, I have some difficulties to understant if I could you them & when?

Your camera product is amazing, but if I could make a constructive remark, there a big lack of documentations for the different configuration uses: galaxy, nebula,...

I am also looking for filter, it seems, that the Infinity does not integer UV/IR cut filter, is-it right? If I want to add a filter with infinity, what is the best choice vs the camera sensibility?

Thank you for your future answers,
best regards,
Kaelig
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 10:37:53 pm by kaelig »